Deputy Program Manager
Loch Harbour Group, Inc. (2011 – Present)
- Manage internal communications and virtual collaboration for large project teams within the Department of Homeland Security, including The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- Integrate and train peers on new media and technology tools (including: microblogging, electronic invitations, cloud computing, and online work portals) into effective outreach strategies.
- Design and create complex conceptual graphics for proposals and white papers, including infographics, templates, banners, and original logos on tight deadlines for nationwide meetings and multi-agency projects.
Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) • proposal writing • tech editing • project management • Microsoft SharePoint management • infographics • template design • brochures • posters • banners • #FEMA #TSA #DHS #smem #hsem #gov20
New/Social Media Consultant
Communications Consortium Media Center (CCMC) (2009 – 2011)
- Managed the network and membership interactions for an online community of more than 300 members using an innovative Drupal-based platform combined with a proprietary database of over 500,000 contacts.
- Developed new web content and training materials for the online community while providing ongoing training and technical support for the members.
- Created unique social media presence by implementing outreach and awareness strategies for multiple projects, including Twitter identities, new applications for Facebook, Facebook fan pages, blogs, and websites.
- Designed print and web-based materials for high profile briefing papers and presentations for Congressional testimonies and executive policy-making meetings.
Community Marketing Manager
GlobalGiving (2008 – 2009)
- Implemented a comprehensive strategy to coordinate and support a community of more than 500 project leaders worldwide.
- Improved communities’ online performance from 30 percent to 95 percent in six months.
- Increased organizational efficiency by improving web-based portals and consolidating databases.
Director of Communications and E-Initiatives
Our Voices Together (2006 – 2008)
- Increased awareness within the general U.S. public of compassionate responses to terrorism through online outreach by tripling the organization’s contact database.
- Transformed website to improve funding opportunities and increased traffic by 150 percent.
- Coordinated and amplified a nationwide town-hall forum series on citizen diplomacy using web-based technologies such as blogs, videos, web updates, and email newsletters.
New Technologies Director
Communications Consortium Media Center (CCMC) (2000 – 2006)
- Served as executive editor for www.PLANetWIRE.org, increasing the target audience more than 200 percent and expanding the website’s capabilities to include a photo library and spokesperson database.
- Helped create an online media tracking service for journalists (www.PUSHJournal.org) that provides full-text articles as part of an exclusive agreement with LexisNexis.
- Managed almost 20 campaign-specific websites simultaneously.
- Trained hundreds of people in strategic communications in the U.S., India, and Zambia.